Wednesday, April 22, 2009

8 Days After Surgery



Bella's incision is looking great, and you can tell she's ready to be done with this! She seems pretty bored, and I'm bummed that we can't take her out on a beautiful day like today. When she gets her staples out on Sunday, they're going to go over physical therapy with us, so I think we can start short walks next week. Good! I can't stand being inside, especially since it's not snowing anymore.

She's been having a hard time with not being able to get on the bed with us at night... she's not even supposed to be getting on the couch, but she does. No jumping, running, etc.

Every time I see someone with an overweight dog now, I want to run up and let them know what a struggle this is and that they can try to prevent it. I know it happens to large breeds too and not just overweight dogs, but I wouldn't wish this on anyone. Hindsight is 20/20, but I really wish we would have helped her lose weight last year when we were told she drop a few then.

Here's a video of Bella chewing on a rawhide... her only source of entertainment at the moment. As you can tell, she was way too busy to look up for the camera.


No comments:

Post a Comment